(from the archive)
This pear and berry crumble packed with vitamin C and antioxidants makes the perfect winter treat!
And who does not love fruit topped crumble? Working to boost your immune system and fight wrinkles, our pear and berry crumble recipe with a nut, oat and coconut oil topping takes less then an hour to make - 20 mins to cook / mix and 20 mins to bake making it an effortless way to end a cool winters day.
Looking to reduce acne? Strawberries are naturally rich in salicylic acid - a common ingredient in commercial acne creams! They also help to whiten your teeth and provide a radiant smile.
Full of antioxidants, blueberries have one of the highest antioxidant counts of everyday fruit. They have been proven to fight wrinkle formation by neutralising free radical damage to tissues in the skin, including collagen and elastin.
Vitamin C works to produce and maintain collagen in your skin helping to keep it plump and feeling smooth.
They are a rich source of dietary fibre to flush out toxins and create clearer skin while helping to fight blemishes or breakouts.
Also high in fibre, oats help to regulate blood sugar levels while vitamin B aids the regeneration of skin cells for a fresh, revitalised appearance. The iron in oats allows the skin to recieve oxygen to grow and repair, keeping it strong and wrinkle free!
PEAR AND BERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE
40 minutes wo to go. Serves 4
3 cups berries (fresh or frozen)
2 pears, peeled, cored and chopped
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup almond meal
1/4 cup rapadura sugar
1/4 cup nuts, crushed (almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts etc)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Heat a saucepan over low heat. Add pears, berries, orange juice, cinnamon and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, grease the sides of a baking dish with a small amount of coconut oil. In a large bowl mix oats, almond meal, sugar, nuts and remaining coconut oil.
4. Pour berry mix into the baking dish and top with oat mix. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden. Serve pear and berry crumble warm.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Make extra crumble topping and simply top with a few fresh berries and yoghurt for breakfast the next day!
- Use fresh or frozen berries.
- Save a teaspoon of the warm berry mix and blend with 1/4 cup of walnuts and 1 frozen banana for a delicious ice cream!
Pear and Berry Crumble with a dollop of unsweetened natural yoghurt