Modern Beauty Standard
Lük Beautifood looks to the European Union for the highest standards as it leads the world in cosmetic regulation for safety compliance and sustainability. For example, although more than 90 per cent of our products are made in Australia, we formulate to meet the European Commission Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009
As a company we more broadly align our definition of sustainability with that of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to ensure the wellbeing of people are also at the forefront of our strategy. While our business touches on many of the SDGs, we concentrate our efforts on goals that as a cosmetics company we believe we can contribute to in a meaningful way.
In September 2021 we took the first steps towards certifying as a ‘Business for Good’ by starting the process to become a BCorp. This next evolution of our company will see us elevate our positive impact across workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our Clean Circle
our standards of health and safety.
Our Conscious Circle
on our path towards meeting our sustainability and social goals.
at our office & warehouse with Green Accredited Power.
Our Credible Circle
create high quality products that work.
Our products are notified on the Cosmetics Products Notification Portal (CPNP).
- Launch a vegan, low waste cosmetic range (Lipstick Crayons)
- Introduce slim line shippers to reduce shipping impact
- Use Forest Stewardship certified board for everyday consumer boxes
- Introduce certified Green Power in our warehouse and HQ
- Use PCR to replace 50% of the plastic mechanism in our Lip Nourish tube
- Replaced all fossil plastic packaging for goods outwards in our warehouse
- Manufacture 90%+ products in Australia
- Create re-fillable product alternatives
- Introduced bio-based flexible plastics and offset single use plastic
- 50% reduction in the plastic used to package lipstick tubes coming in from China
- Launch the Luk Recycling Program
- At the latest, become B Corp certified
- All packaging will be reusable, recyclable or compostable and where possible come from recycled sources
- We will be a plastic neutral certified company
and key initiatives as we continue to take meaningful steps on our path.
are working with or message us if you like what we are doing.