The ingredients used to make this beauty smoothie are light and non-starchy, making them easy to digest, giving you an instant dose of beautifying food. There is no waste in making this smoothie, so you are getting a massive dose of active beauty nutrients. This is a great way to get a vast serve of fruit and vegetables quickly and will keep you fuller for longer.
Cindy's GLOW + GO green smoothie
- half an avocado*
- 3 leaves + 1 stem of kale
- 1 'root' of English spinach (6-8 leaves plus stems)
- half a cucumber (chopped into 4 pieces
- 1 stick of celery with leaves attached
- 3 stems of parsley*
- 2-3 stems of mint (including stalks)
- 2 pears or 2 green apples (chopped with no seeds or stem)
- half a lemon* with no rind
- quarter of a lemon* with rind
- 1-2 thin slices of ginger
- 1.5 cups of water (or coconut water, green tea or apple juice)
- 1 cup of ice (for texture & flavour enhancement)
*Lük Beautifood uses these ingredients in our signature Lip Nourish™. You can try every shade of it for $10 (and get a $10 voucher).
Tips and tricks
- Ice gives the smoothie a fabulous melt-in-your-mouth texture
- Keep the smoothie chilled as high-powered blenders add a lot of energy when mixing and can warm it up!
- Click here to learn more about juicing and green smoothies
- Try this creamy, skin-loving avocado and banana smoothie
Break down of beauty foods in GLOW + GO
- Avocado is rich in Vitamin E, which softens your lips and prevents dryness.
- Lemon is rich in Vitamin C, which is co-factor for collagen production. It's also cleansing with anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Parsley is alkalising and decreases inflammation, including puffiness and redness in your lips.
- Ginger is full of antioxidants to fight free radicals for smoother, tighter skin.
- Mint is antimicrobial and skin soothing.
- Kale is rich in Vitamins A, C & K as well as antioxidants to tighten and tone your lips.
- Cucumber and celery contains silica, which acts as an internal
Image by Roberto Nickson