Why we love Cocoa Butter and Omega 3+6 essential fatty acids
Cocoa Butter and Omega 3+6 essential fatty acids are resplendent with so many incredible regenerative health and beauty benefits, which is why they're some of our favourite skin food actives. We love them so much that we use them in our Lip Nourish products to salvage dry, cracked lips and nourish the skin deeply. You’ve probably heard of these ingredients in food before but do you know why our bodies need them? Read on to find out more...What are Omega 3+6 Fatty Acids? Omega 3+6 essential fatty acids support the reproductive, immune, cardiovascular and nervous systems but our bodies can’t produce them naturally. They’re found in foods such as fish (especially salmon), walnuts, sesame seeds, flaxseeds and other natural oils. These skin food actives are known mainly for their anti-inflammatory properties so you can reap the benefits by eating them as well applying them on your beautiful skin and lips. Chia contains the richest natural plant source of omega-3 fatty acids while salmon is a potent source of skin food and its Omega-3s will work to keep skin inflammation at bay. Don’t be afraid to eat salmon at least three times per week – try scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, a Nourish Bowl topped with canned salmon for lunch and/or Crisp Skin Salmon with Asian vegetables for dinner. Why your skin loves omega 3+6
- Helps regulate cell turnover to keep the skin moist and beautiful
- Reduces inflammation that can lead to puffy, red and wrinkled skin
- Creates a barrier allowing the skin to hold on to water
- Protects against sun damage
- Antioxidants helps to protect against skin cell damaging free radicals and fight the signs of ageing.
- It contains cocoa mass polyphenol which inhibits the production of a substance that can aggravate symptoms of eczema and dermatitis.
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, and E help to repair skin cells, moisturise and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- Omega fatty acids provide a barrier and seep deep down into the skin to hydrate, prevent inflammation and fight the everyday toxins you encounter.
How do you like to integrate these food actives into your lifestyle? Download a copy of our free Beauty Nutrition Handbook which explains the active nutrients like antioxidants, vitamins and anti-inflammatories that are essential for our skin, body and mind to operate at optimum levels.