Mascara has been a must in every makeup routine. Unfortunately for some, mascara can cause sensitivity and irritation. This happens when your eyes are sensitive and can easily be irritated by chemicals found in mascaras and other eye products. Using the wrong mascara can cause inflammation, dry eyes and itchiness within one swipe.
There are several factors that can cause damage to your eyelashes. Here are some common causes of damaged lashes:
- Mascara Ingredients: Mascara is a common culprit for damaging lashes. The harsh chemicals in mascara can cause dryness, brittleness, and breakage.
- Curling your lashes too aggressively: Using a lash curler too aggressively or without caution can cause lashes to become brittle and break off.
- Rubbing your eyes: Rubbing your eyes vigorously can damage the delicate hair follicles in your eyelashes, causing them to fall out or become weaker.
- Using false eyelashes or extensions: While false eyelashes or extensions can make your lashes look fuller and longer, they can also cause damage to your natural lashes if not applied properly or if left on for too long.
- Nutrient deficiencies: Nutrient deficiencies, specifically biotin and iron, can lead to weak and brittle lashes.
- Age: As we age, our lashes can become thinner and weaker due to a decrease in collagen production.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as alopecia or thyroid disorders, can also lead to damaged lashes.
If you have sensitive eyes, here is the answer! We developed a mascara that is gentle and suitable for sensitive eyes. Introducing - Lash Nourish Mascara™. Since finding a mascara that is suitable for sensitive eyes is more challenging than finding a regular mascara, we decided to develop a formula that is 100% natural and with no toxins.
The best natural mascara for sensitive and dry eyes
Dry eyes is a major cause of eye irritation because it prevents the eyes from flushing the substances found in mascaras. Furthermore, people who wear contacts are even more prone to allergic reactions. Lash Nourish Mascara™ has a synthetic-free botanical formula nourishes, hydrates and encourages lashes to grow stronger, fuller and longer.
The gentle non irritating ingredients are suitable for even those with the most sensitive eyes, mature women with thinning lashes and those that need a rest from wearing fake lashes, extensions, tints, lash perms who wish to rescue and restore their natural lashes.
100% natural ingredients
Lash Nourish Mascara™ is a natural mascara made from nutrient rich foods, botanicals and natural mineral pigments. It contains potent nutrient active foods and botanicals rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, vitamins B7 (Biotin), B5 (pantothenic acid) + E and also caffeine stimulate growth in hair follicles whilst moisturising and deeply conditioning oils and butters keep lashes soft, pliable & glossy. Natural polymer and fibre complex Cell-U-Lash™ + silica rich bamboo smooth strengthen and add shine.
Additionally, it is made without Coal Tar Dyes, Carbon Black, Parabens, Silicones, Mineral Oil, Phthalates, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone and Propylene Glycol. It is free from synthetic ingredients - texture modifiers, petroleum oils and waxes, preservatives, fragrance and dyes.
Made from eco-friendly packaging
The box is eco- friendly, made from PEFC approved wood, printed with vegetable dies and has a water based varnish. The tube is made from aluminum which can be recycled when separated from the bottle. The bottle is made from polypropylene and has a polyethylene wiper / plug. The wand and brush are made from various plastic materials: Hytrel brush + POM stem.