We kiss with them, we eat with them, we sip with them and we smile with them – and paired with the right balm, gloss or stain, they can transform our entire face. Indeed our lips are one of our most important facial features, so doesn’t it make complete sense to take gentle care of them as we would our bodies?
Aside from keeping them luscious and hydrated with plenty of water and exfoliating them with gentle concoctions (like coconut oil and brown sugar), isn’t it incredible that one single product can cater to our pout’s every need and make them chap-free, pigmented, sumptuous and pillowy soft - lipstick is the miracle product found in many-a makeup bag. Lipstick can be traced back to ancient civilisations where the Syrians, Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks would colour their lips and cheeks with red stains from plants and other interesting materials.
How could we be okay with allowing endocrine-disrupting mineral oils, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, petrochemicals, dyes and fragrances to enter our bloodstream?
I wanted to create a natural lipstick from food because it made no sense to me that if you ate good food but put crap on your lips because 'what goes on goes in'. When you eat over 400 lipsticks in a lifetime and evidence now show that plastic residues have been found in humans why would you ever consider using a lipstick made from synthetics.
In 2012 I made a lipstick from delicious real food ingredients rich in nutrient actives that you would normally eat healthy nourished and glowing skin.
WHAT IS LIP NOURISH™?
Lip Nourish™ is a sheer, buildable, natural lipstick with the nourishing benefits of a balm. It has a dewy, satin finish and delicious taste!
The synthetic-free, breathable balmy formula instantly and over time quenches and feeds lips with moisture, vitamins and antioxidants while adding a kiss of natural colour that builds with each swipe.
It's skincare for your lips!
With intense hydration and nourishment from nutrient active foods and botanicals rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and essential fatty acids.
Lip Nourish™ is available in balanced mix of 14 popular and delicious shades of ultra-wearable nudes, reds, and pinks. The menu of 14 delicious swipe and go shades each have a unique flavour and scent profile imparted from a culinary combined mix of nutrient active cold pressed organic citrus, spice and herbaceous oils.
It's for Every Woman, Every Day
Mix and match shades. Use it on lips, cheeks and eyelids. Use it on it's own or pair it with a full coverage, long-lasting Lipstick Crayon.
Lip Nourish™ delivers a buildable wash of creamy colour, inviting shine, hydrated healthy lips and natural look. It's a Lip Treat...a little every day (healthy) luxury to keep lips soft, smooth and hydrated whilst adding a touch of colour and shine to enhance your smile, Lip Nourish™ provides multi-sensory pick-me-up moments everyday.
Colour + Shine Nourish + Care
Say goodbye to dryness and discomfort, and hello to smooth, satiny, hydrated lips and lips that look as good as they feel and taste!
- Sesame seed oil: Contains protective and plumping essential fatty acids as well as potent antioxidants known as lignans. Rich in Vitamin E to reduce inflammation, zinc for skin health and copper to stimulate collagen and elastin formation.
- Avocado oil: Brimming with essential fatty acids to replenish skin’s natural moisture barrier, avocado also contains Vitamin C to boost collagen production, antioxidants, Vitamin E and biotin for skin, hair and nail health.
- Cacao butter: Abundant in essential fatty acids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, cacao is an anti-allergen wonder ingredient that deeply soothes while preventing skin disorders. High in magnesium for healing.
- Vitamin E: A rejuvenating antioxidant, Vitamin E is a multitasking marvel that minimises fine lines, prevents damage to collagen and elastin, reduces inflammation and improves moisture retention and skin suppleness.
- Jojoba Esters: An anti-inflammatory with soothing Vitamin E, jojoba calms and reduces redness for soft, comfortable lips.
- Castor seed oil: With hydrating and protective essential fatty acids, castor seed oil locks in moisture, promotes healing and reduces inflammation (including the redness of psoriasis).
- Beeswax: A natural anti-inflammatory that gives Lip Nourish™ it’s lucious smoothness, making it glide on like a balm.
- Mica: A natural mineral with light-reflecting properties that creates a healthy glow.
- Candelilla Wax: A natural plant wax that creates a barrier between the lips and harsh environmental stressors. Protective and softening qualities.
- Carnauba Wax: A hypoallergenic natural plant wax that works as a shield to prevent lips from drying out. Helps soften and nourish. A natural binder that assists lip products to glide on smoothly, that prevents melting and sliding after application.
- Corn Starch: Adds strength to the stick and imparts a silky but dry feel as it is good at absorbing excess oil.
THE SHADESThe Lip Nourish menu is made up of zesty citruses and warming spices as well as subtle flavours made from cold pressed plant oils that offer a unique taste. These shades gently colour lips with sheer, soft, natural pigment in nudes, taupes, pinks and reds.
- Pure - A clear and colour-free nourishment stick for 24/7 moisture, day and night. Kiss dry lips goodbye with this ultra conditioning, restorative hydration miracle. Pure is the colour free version of all Lip Nourish™ and a bedside favourite to use on lips, cuticles and dry skin. May also be useful in the treatment of rosacea. Cold-pressed organic cinnamon oil gives a delicious fragrance and stimulates blood vessels to help lips look naturally rosy and fuller.
- Chai Shimmer - An angelic dash of hydrating glow, this sheer and subtle shade has the enticing scent and taste of chai - like a relaxing tea break in a tube. Made with antioxidant-rich natural oils from cinnamon and vanilla, it delivers hydrating moisture that tastes as good as it looks.
- Nude Sugar - Nude Sugar has a gentle shimmer that gives lips a light wash of kissable pink. Pure vanilla bean oil imparts sweet, delicious creaminess and extra antioxidants for a hydrating, glowy pick-me-up
- Guava Blush has an inviting shine and hint of tint with intense hydration for soft, luminous lips.
- Peach Melon - A luminous, hydrating kiss of dewy peach that gives an instant pick-me-up. Organic cold-pressed oils from juniper berries and orange peel add fresh flavour and healing antioxidants. Soft sunshine and rich moisture in a tube.
- Nude Pink - Nude Pink is a caramel rose shade that tastes of vanilla and cinnamon. A hydrating, universally flattering nude shade, it gives a warm, better-than-natural glow to every skin tone. With natural vanilla and cinnamon bark oil, this formulation is rich in antioxidants for naturally healthier lips. A Luk Beautifood bestseller.
- Pink Juniper - A glowy, understated neutral that looks great on fair skin. Pretty and pastel, Pink Juniper is a slightly cooler, sheer shade with intense hydration for everyday wear. Layers to a dusky pink hue. Organic cold-pressed oils from juniper berries, pink grapefruit and orange peel add fresh flavour and healing antioxidants.
- Ruby Grapefruit - A warm, hydrating cocktail pink that brightens and rejuvenates lips. Can be left as a sheer glow or layered to create a deeper shade. Cold-pressed organic oils from pink grapefruit and orange peel add extra antioxidants and anti-inflammatories for naturally healthier lips.
- Tea Rose - Tea Rose is a wearable neutral with a hint of mauve. A Luk Beautifood bestseller, it enhances and evens out natural lip colour. A universally flattering shade, it has an elegant scent and is deeply hydrating. Makes lips the best version of themselves. A Luk Beautifood bestseller.
- Rose Lime - A dreamy neutral that hydrates and evens out natural colour. Sheer and wearable, Rose Lime is an ideal lip conditioner with a gentle wash of colour. Cold-pressed organic lime, ginger and pink grapefruit oils add extra antioxidants and anti-inflammatories for naturally healthier lips. A Luk Beautifood bestseller.
- Tangerine Pomegranate - Tangerine Pomegranate highlights natural tones in lips with hydrating colour. Use lightly for a tint or layer to a lovely deep nude shade. Cold-pressed organic oils from tangerines and vanilla beans give delicious fragrance and additional antioxidants.
- Rosé - An opulent, hydrating shade that builds to a lustrous warm dark-pink blush. Gives lips an elegant, perfectly even kiss of red-wine colour than can be worn as a tint or layered for greater intensity. Notes of zesty citrus, florals and red fruits give Rosé a sumptuous feeling on the lips.
- Cranberry Citrus - A hydrating, timeless red. Bright and glamorous, Cranberry Citrus is a rich colour that doesn't compromise on moisture. Organic cold-pressed oils from pink grapefruit and orange peel give it zesty flavour and healing antioxidants.
- Cherry Plum - A hydrating berry hue with fresh fruit notes. Wear it light for a gentle veil of colour or layer for a medium-intense red. Just-bitten cherry lips with a touch of sass. Cherry Plum contains cold-pressed oils from cherries and pink grapefruit for subtle flavour and maximum antioxidants.
As much of the lipstick you put on your lips is digested or absorbed, it’s important the ingredients can be ingested. Many women get the connection between eating for health and beauty, and the next step is making the connection with 'feeding' our skin from the outside in. In our innovative times, we're given more choice in applying healthy products to the skin without the fear of harming our insides with toxins.
After all, the right natural lipsticks do more than make you look amazing – they moisturise and nourish using wholesome ingredients that give you that healthy, beautiful colour and make you feel like glow from the inside out and be the best version of yourself possible. And that's what true beauty is all about.