monday mantra | no diet talk
This mantra is marvellous. It's wraps up my food philosophy in 3 simple little words. NO DIET TALK. The stress alone of having to stick to a raw food or low carb diet or only eat sweetened foods that use unrefined sugar is beyond me. Stress can seriously mess with how you look and feel. We all are busy either working, juggling lots on our plate or looking after kids & a home so we don't need the extra stress of "you can't shop there, or can eat this or can't eat that" ...and then feel guilty because you have. When you live in a chronic state of stress, you are constantly producing the hormone cortisol, which is responsible for weight gain, high blood pressure and collagen breakdown. Dr Amy Wechsler says it is linked to:
- Irritation & allergies
- Hormonal mood swings
- Puffy tired eyes
- Adult acne
- Eat lots of fresh ingredients including water!
- Don't OD on anything: sugar/sweet foods, processed foods, coffee, tea wine etc
- Eat a variety of unprocessed foods: grains, healthy oils, seeds, pulses, vegetables, fruit, meats, fish, nuts
- Try and eat organic where pesticide loads are known to be exorbitant.
- Avoid artificial colours, flavours & preservatives.
- Don't stress out trying to work out what to eat or feel guilty for occasionally dishing up something else...who can beat fish & chips by the beach or an occasional ice cream whilst on holiday.