Make Your Own Love Potion!
Get in the spirit of Valentine’s Day by making your own love potion
to spritz on your loved ones!
Certain flowers and fragrant plants have long been thought to contain love-inducing magical properties. Rose and jasmine have always been regarded for their ability to incite love, passion and sensuality…in ourselves and others. Whether or not science proves any of these effects, indulging in the aromatic allure of authentic essential oils is, at the very least, an emotionally gratifying experience. Rose Anointing Oil 1 ounce grapeseed or jojoba oil 3 drops rose otto essential oil or rose absolute 3 drops mandarin or sweet orange essential oil 1 drop sandalwood oil Dab this evocative essence on pulse points; over the heart on the solar plexus; or upon the third eye of the forehead. Or perhaps a bath may take your fancy? Fizzing Jasmine Bath Brew 3 tablespoons baking soda 3 teaspoons sea salt (table grind) 2 tablespoons citric acid granules or crushed Vitamin C tablets 1 cup fresh white rose petals 10 drops sweet orange essential oil 6 drops sandalwood 3 drops jasmine absolute Combine dry ingredients and sprinkle mix with essential oils. Add all ingredients to a tub of very warm water. Enhance this luxurious bath brew with a cup of whole milk or a tablespoon of skin-nourishing jojoba oil. Add a natural, unscented bubble bath if desired. -information supplied by Dale’s Natural Foods. OR, if you’re in a cooking mood, why not try Meg Butler’s version of a love potion? You’ll need an apple, pinch of cinnamon, pinch of thyme, pinch of rosemary, pinch of sea salt, rainwater, cast-iron saucepan, crystal glass/vase, a strainer and a glass vial/jar. Instructions:
- Collect rainwater in a crystal glass or vase the next time it rains.
- Slice an apple into thin slices. Place the apple slices, rosemary, thyme, sea salt and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Pour the rainwater over the ingredients in the saucepan. If there is not enough rainwater to cover the ingredients, supplement the rainwater with spring water.
- Cook slowly over low heat. Once the ingredients start to simmer, stir them while reciting aloud a love poem.
- Simmer the love potion for 90 minutes.
- Strain the potion and place in a glass vial or jar.
- Dab the potion onto your pulse points every day during next week. If the object of your desire is near, the potion will draw them to you.