- Today, my 8-year-old son hugged me and said, †œYou are the best mum in the whole entire world!† I smiled and sarcastically replied, †œHow do you know that? You haven’t met every mum in the whole entire world.† My son squeezed me tighter and said, †œYes I have. You are my world.†
- Today, I sat down with my two daughters, ages 4 and 6, to explain to them that we have to move out of our 4 bedroom house and into a 2 bedroom apartment for a while until I can find another job that pays well. My daughters looked at each other for a moment and then my youngest daughter turned to me and asked, †œAre we all moving into the apartment together?† †œYes,† I replied. †œOh, so no big deal then,† she said.
- Today, my dad came home with roses for my mum and I. "What are these for I asked?" He said that several of his coworkers were complaining about their wives and children today. He realized how lucky he was that after 20 years of marriage, and raising a daughter for the last 17 years, he still had nothing to complain about.
- Today, I am the mother of a beautiful, happy, and completely healthy son who just turned 1. Before him I had 5 miscarriages in the second and third trimesters and my doctor telling me I will never be able to bring a baby to term. The complete devastation and depression I went through was completely worth the incredible bundle of joy in my life now. The simplicity of a healthy and happy baby makes me think.
- Today, we visited my grandma who has an irregular case of Alzheimer's. When she said she wasn't married, my grandpa looked up in despair. We could all tell it killed him inside. But instead of getting angry, he stood up, walked over to her and asked her to marry him again. After a few moments of jogging her memory, she said, †œYes!†
It’s the middle of the week, the kids are still on holidays (7 days to go but who's counting?!), and you've been extremely busy with play-dates, lunch dates, coffee dates, date dates and every other kind of date, and feel like you need (and very much deserve!) a break. With that in mind, we’d like to introduce you to our FAB FIVE. We know your spare time is very much invaluable, and as such, we thought we’d come up with FIVE things that we are finding absolutely great this time of month, and share them with you. They’re very much a quick read, and well worth your time. This month, our FAB FIVE looks at heart-warming SHORT stories – stories that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face, and help you power on through the days. Let us know what you think! All these stories are sourced from Makes Me Think, an †˜online community where people share daily life stories that provoke deep thought and inspire positive change.’ In future they will be more beauty or food focused!