Cacao & Hazelnut Pancakes with Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce by Cindy
Easter is here! Here an easy, chocolatey and healthy treat for Easter Sunday! Presenting: My Cacao & Hazelnut Pancakes with Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce!
Method: Pancake Mix:
- Combine all Dry Ingredients in a bowl and whisk through to mix thoroughly.
- Add Egg & Milk, and whisk gently until all ingredients are combined to make a smooth batter.
- Heat fry pan (cast iron is ideal) on stove to a medium heat.
- Add a dollop of butter and swirl around - being careful not to burn it.
- Ladle mixture (2 x 57ml/2oz) into pan in perfect size circle (15cm diameter is usually easy to flip so I’d recommend this)
- Wait till small bubbles start to form on the top, as they begin to break, you know the pancake is now ready to flip.
- Cook on flipped side for ½ the time or until pancake has slightly risen.
- Repeat until mixture is complete. Keep warm in oven stacked and covered with foil or serve on the go.
- Serve with Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce, a dollop of plain yoghurt and fruit of your choice. Berries are perfect!
Glossy Hot Choc Sauce Ingredients:
¼ cup Cocoa 3 Tablespoons (melted) Cocoa Butter ½ Teaspoon Vanilla (Extract or if you have a Vanilla Bean Pod scrape the inside of the pod) 3 Tablespoons Water 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Method: Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce
- Heat saucepan with water til simmering.
- Place all ingredients into a metal or heat-proof bowl.
- Place bowl over saucepan to create a water bath.
- Mix ingredients gently for a couple of minutes with a whisk until combined and sauce rich & glistening.
- Transfer to a jug.
- Pour gently over the pancake stack you have created.