Why natural beauty is bestFirst impressions – including how you wear your work makeup - really do matter – especially in the office, according to a study by job search website Monster. It reveals employers make decisions about interviewees within seven minutes while 70 per cent say the way a candidate applies makeup affects their initial thoughts about them. These quick conclusions are based on three factors, in order of importance
- Work experience (36%)
- First impressions (24%)
- Education (12%)
© 2011 Etcoff et al. Faces from left to right: No makeup, natural look, professional look, glamorous look. Findings: the natural look resulted in a significant positive effect on trustworthiness, while the professional look did not have a significant effect, and the glamorous look had a significant negative effect.
Want winning work makeup? Perfect this one easy lookIf you want to kick some career goals, simply follow these steps for work makeup designed to do wonders for your career.
- Stick to neutral shades such as caramels, coffees and creams that naturally enhance and flatter your unique beauty rather than falsify your features.
- Avoid deep, bright colours that could contain lead.. Apart from the health implications, a bolder make-up style is generally less trusted.
- Choose foundation and concealer that matches your skin tone and aim for light, fresh-faced coverage.
- Don’t forget to groom your eyebrows. Like a beautiful picture – they frame your face. In one scientific study, †˜arched inner eyebrows’ are one of the traits that make people seem trustworthy.
- Read how to find the best natural lipstick colour for your skin tone HERE>