Work makeup: the look that will make you more money
Why natural beauty is bestFirst impressions – including how you wear your work makeup - really do matter – especially in the office, according to a study by job search website Monster. It reveals employers make decisions about interviewees within seven minutes while 70 per cent say the way a candidate applies makeup affects their initial thoughts about them. These quick conclusions are based on three factors, in order of importance
- Work experience (36%)
- First impressions (24%)
- Education (12%)
Want winning work makeup? Perfect this one easy lookIf you want to kick some career goals, simply follow these steps for work makeup designed to do wonders for your career.
- Stick to neutral shades such as caramels, coffees and creams that naturally enhance and flatter your unique beauty rather than falsify your features.
- Avoid deep, bright colours that could contain lead.. Apart from the health implications, a bolder make-up style is generally less trusted.
- Choose foundation and concealer that matches your skin tone and aim for light, fresh-faced coverage.
- Don’t forget to groom your eyebrows. Like a beautiful picture – they frame your face. In one scientific study, †˜arched inner eyebrows’ are one of the traits that make people seem trustworthy.
- Read how to find the best natural lipstick colour for your skin tone HERE>