BEAUTY BENEFITSDIY facial in a jar - will he discover the true reason why he is being spoilt! Vitamin C, E and ellagic acid found in strawberries work to ward off wrinkles by protecting your skin from free radical damage. These antioxidants promote a soft and illuminating complexion by keeping the skin soft, smooth and nurtured. Chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which help the body to reduce inflammation. Inflammation can cause red puffy skin, making it especially important to preserve a bright, youthful appearance, helping you to look and feel restored. Using almond milk means an extra dose of antioxidants (Vitamin E this time - seriously your skin can't get enough!) as well as a moisturising effect from essential fatty acids to help you feel refreshed and glowing.
YOU'LL NEED1 punnet of Strawberries 2 cups (500ml) Almond milk 2 tspns Chia seeds 2-3 tspns Honey (or sweetener of your desire - eg rice malt syrup, stevia, agave nectar)
- Hull the strawberries and pop into blender along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high for a couple minutes til silky smooth. Pour into jars.
- Ideal for gluten or lactose intolerant, vegan or vegetarian.
- Use 1/2 cup ice in the blender if you are going to drink immediately, or
- Make the night before and pop into glass jars.
- Decorate with red ribbon and heart card - don't forget the straws to sip together!
- Make with fresh almond milk - far more taste and 'clean' ingredients* see recipe card below
Decorate with a ribbon, write on a card and serve with another punnet of strawbs....even chocolate dipped ones! (organic of course)