Summer hols are coming, and I’m betting we have a real scorcher this festive break.
Here are my top tips to make sure you stay feeling good, all summer long:
- Don’t be like Valentino, and make with his dark orange tan. Be sun-smart and slip on the protective clothing, slop on some organic SPF 30+ sunscreen, and slap on a hat.
- Stay well hydrated. With temperatures soaring, make sure you’re drinking heaps of water to revitalise your body, and to flush out all those toxins you’ve been ‘accidently’ eating and drinking.
- If you’re going to indulge in foods this season (who wouldn’t?), indulge in what summer has to offer. Fresh seasonal fruit, like peaches, mangos and nectarines are the best at this time of year; so head to your local shop for lowest prices and optimal nutrient content. Juice it or toss a simple salad.
- Spend time outdoors! Summer is all about the water, green spaces, some good music, family, friends, and lazy, care-free days.
- In saying that, try and make the most of your holidays so, visit museums, go to markets, the movies (at night – don’t waste the day, or take a picnic & rug to the outdoor ones where kids can run around), the beach/pools, start yoga (again!) AND/OR do things you normally wouldn’t do. Enjoy your time off!
And in regards to Christmas:
- GIVE. ‘Tis the season to be merry, so give thanks, give joy and forgive – revel in laughter, fun and good times.
Happy (soon) holidays!