Spoil your mum the Luk way this Mother’s Day! We’ve got you covered with our top five ways to make your mum feel totally loved and nurtured. From breakfast in bed to running her the most relaxing, luxurious bath she’s ever had, you can pamper her (and yourself) from the inside out!
- You’re never too old to make you mum breakfast in bed! Start off the day with a nourishing healthy breakfast to make your mum feel beautiful inside and out, we guarantee she will love our famous beautifood pancakes with a milky warm chai tea. Not only will this recipe energise you both for your day ahead, it will have you both looking and feeling naturally gorgeous. The great thing about this recipe is that you can mix and match toppings to suit yours and her favourites!
- Get outside and go for a gentle walk. Rain or shine, nothing energises you and puts a smile on your face like a walk in nature. It’s also a great opportunity to talk and reconnect with your mum whilst enjoying the tranquillity of your surroundings. For Sydney siders, our favourite walks are Curl Curl beach to Manly Beach, Balmoral Beach to Clifton Gardens or the Cremorne Ferry Wharf to Mosman Bay.
- Make her the best bath EVER. Light some of her favourite candles (we recommend an organic beeswax candle with a light scent), put on some soothing music and top it off with our luxurious DIY bath mixture for the most relaxing bath she’s ever had. Oh, and don’t forget the champas!
Luxurious DIY bath mixture recipe:
50g scented dried rose petals
10g dried lavender flower and leaves (or you can use fresh ones from the garden)
15 drops jasmine essential oil
Optional: 110g of rolled oates to sooth and smoothen the skin
Optional: 30g dried peppermint leaves and/or 10 drops of peppermint oil
Combine and crumble the dried flowers [and oats if you’re using them] until they resemble loose-leaf tealeaves. Add the essential oils and stir gently. Pour desired amount into a warm bath.
Store any leftovers in an airtight glass jar.
- Do a Luk beautifood DIY facemask together! It’s an effective and inexpensive way to get your skin glowing the natural way. Plus you will have loads of fun making the mixtures, having a laugh and feeling like teenagers again! Put on mum’s favourite movie and let the mask work it’s magic. Head here for our DIY facemasks.
- Spoil her completely with one of our ‘Natural Mum gift packs’- (only available for mother’s day 2014) the perfect 100% natural gift set for active, busy mums who want a natural glow. Mums will feel even more special knowing you are looking after her from the inside out with these beautiful, toxin free products.