monday motivation to ease you into your week!
Do you get a churning, worried feeling in your tummy when everything is not perfect or do you go-with-the-flow? Or, have you always wanted everything to be perfect but realised as you got older (especially after kids) it really does not matter? I love some things to be ‘perfect’, others I let go. I have learnt over time that there is no need to worry about ‘being perfect’ as life in fact is still wonderful…tho a little more messy and unorganised but c’est la vie!
Here are 5 reasons why I think being perfect is underrated:
1. Takes your focus away from the things that really matter. Doing things perfectly means you could be missing out on what counts.
2. Striving for perfection takes time. Which means you’ll only do 10% of the things you want to do. Pareto’s 80/20 principal rules! It means that in anything a few (20 percent) are vital and many (80 percent) are trivial. #striveforprogressnotperfection
3. Collaboration or working in a team + perfection really don’t mix. Have you ever tried to work with other people on something and demanded things to be “perfect”? If you did, chances are you’re not going to fair well with others and the project won’t get off the ground.
4. Failing fast can be worthwhile. If you’re striving to be perfect, you could fail when it’s too late to change anything, not to mention running out of time or money to turn it around or try again.
5. Perfectionists tend to have higher blood pressure, are anxious, and can suffer mental health problems. Relaxation, meditation, and time-out are rare for people who always push to make everything perfect.
Who wants to live a life with higher stress levels?
Don’t have a perfect week. Have a wonderful week!
I stumbled across this quote and could not resist adding it a little later in the day….