Here at Luk Beautifood, we believe creamy, nutrient-dense smoothie bowls are the best thing you can wake up to thanks to their endless health benefits and energy-boosting abilities! All you need is a blender and five minutes to whip up a bowl of nutritious deliciousness. So grab your spoon and your appetite and try this tastebud-tantalising medley from Lauren of Natural Nomad which combines the beauty-ful benefits of fruits with vegies, and superfood spirulina for a one-two-healthy-punch!
– 3 frozen bananas (chop and peel them before freezing overnight in a ziplock bag)
– 1 handful spinach
– 1 small handful of fresh mint leaves
– 1 tsp spirulina powder
1. Place your bowl in the freezer before you begin – this lets the bowl get nice and cold to stop your frozen smoothie melting as quickly.
2. Add the frozen bananas to a strong food processor and blend until they just begin to combine (you may need to add a splash of water to help the blades along).
3. Add in the remaining ingredients and process until they form a smooth, creamy consistency.
4. Scoop into your cold bowl and top with fresh fruit, granola or whatever you fancy, then enjoy!
Ps. See that lipstick in the brekky bowl pic? That’s currently Lauren’s favourite natural beauty product! Here’s what she had to say about the 100% Pure Lip Glaze in Daiquiri via her Instagram page.
“For the past week I’ve been using a vegan lipstick gifted to me from @lukbeautifood and I love it! This lip glaze is made with 100% fruit pigments and nourishing ingredients such as avocado butter, and my lips feel so moisturised. Luk believe that food is the best way to promote outer beauty, so use food-based ingredients to make their gorgeous cosmetics.”