This nourishing chia pudding breakfast bowl will give you the best possible start to your day! Its mix of protein, fibre and energy is exactly what your body and mind need to kick start your day and keep your skin glowing! We love how quick and easy this recipe is, leaving you with more time in your morning (and who doesn’t need that?!)
Not only will it help to provide stamina for the day ahead, chia’s high protein content will keep you feeling satisfied and help to reduce snacking. The added vanilla to this chia pudding breakfast bowl will also help to reduce anxiety and calm the mind.
Vanilla: Filled with antioxidants, vanilla helps to protect your skin from the suns damaging UV rays which can lead to the formation of sun spots and wrinkles. It also works to increase your mood by working to reduce anxiety.
Cinnamon: Helping to maintain smooth bright skin, cinnamon works to tighten your complexion. With super antioxidants cinnamon also guards your body, helping to neutralize free radicals and prevent damage to cells or sagging.
Chia Seeds: High in omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds help your skin to fight inflammatory damage. Omega 3 fatty acids also maintain the health of your cell membranes, creating a healthy barrier to preserve moisture for soft, smooth and wrinkle free skin!
Coconut: Coconuts decrease the ageing of cells, while working to balance PH levels and keep connective tissues hydrated. Internal fluids are also aided through the presence of the natural electrolytes, potassium and sodium. This helps to replenish and rehydrate the body while promoting and increasing metabolism!
Almonds: A fabulous source of wrinkle fighting antioxidants glycoside and vitamin E. They work together to protect your body against free radicals while protecting the strength and structure of cells. Vitamin E also maintains skin elasticity keeping your complexion smooth and youthful.
VANILLA CHIA PUDDING BREAKFAST BOWL RECIPE
1 hr – overnight wo to go. Makes 1 large bowl (2 smaller bowls).
½ cup milk of your choice [we recommend DIY cold pressed almond milk]
½ cup water
¼ cup chia seeds
½ inch of a vanilla bean (scraped out or use pure extra)
1 tspn ground cinnamon
1 tbspn honey
2 tbspn shredded coconut (toast for extra flavour if you like)
½ banana – sliced
Handful of almonds
1. Combine milk, water, chia seeds, vanilla and 1 tbspn of coconut in a bowl. Stir well until combined. Stir again after 15 mins or so to stop chia seeds from settling.
2. Cover and store in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight.
3. Top with banana, almonds, ground cinnamon, remaining coconut and a drizzle of honey.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- This chia pudding breakfast bowl makes a large serving for 1. You could half the chia mixture and store the rest in the fridge for breakfast the following day.
- Alternatively you could double the chia pudding breakfast bowl ingredients and store in the fridge for an easy and quick breakfast throughout the week.
- Try experimenting! Try out different fruit and nut toppings to suit your tastes and needs.
- You may prefer to chop or crush your nuts for this vanilla chia pudding breakfast bowl to make chewing easier when your super busy in the morning!
Try your own Vanilla and Cinnamon Lip Nourish to feel the benefits of gorgeous vanilla while helping to nourish your lips! Feel beautiful, look beautiful and begin each day with a beautiful mind… plus a vanilla chia pudding breakfast bowl!