Vanessa Gray’s mask to reduce redness and pigmentation
This mask, consisting of just Greek yoghurt and turmeric is fantastic for reducing redness and pigmentation whilst gently moisturising the skin. Vanessa recommends this mask for those especially with extremely dry, itchy and red skin, rosacea and broken capillaries. The enzymes in the Greek yoghurt (live in the probiotic bacteria) work to hydrate and soften the skin whilst the anti-inflammatories and antioxidants in turmeric help to fight free radicals and allow new cell growth and keep the skin’s elasticity intact. It is also great for lightning pigmentation and evening out skin tone. You’ll see and feel the benefits of this amazing combination immediately after you wash it off!
1. Scoop two tablespoons of organic Greek yoghurt (I have pigmentation and sun spots on my arms so I used a little extra) into a small bowl
2. Grate roughly one teaspoon worth of fresh turmeric root into the bowl, or you can use 2 teaspoons of store-bought turmeric powder
3. Stir well to combine the two
4. Spread an even layer over your [clean] face
5. Leave on for 10-20 minutes, though the longer you leave it, the more chance the yoghurt’s enzymes get to work their magic on your skin!
6. Wash off with warm water and gently pat the skin dry.
You can keep any left overs in an air tight glass jar in your fridge but it should not be kept longer than two days.
TIPS + TRICKS
- Vanessa recommends to do some meditation and positive affirmations while you wait your 10-20 minutes
- Use gloves when handling fresh turmeric root as it can easily turn your fingertips bright orange!
- Use an old, or dark coloured face towel as the turmeric may stain a white one]