[RECIPE] Serves 4 | 30 mins go-to-wo
This dip looks gorgeous, tastes delicious and makes you look and feel fabulous. It’s another recipe I created for the Balmoral Boatshed Beauty Food Bar . Enjoy
Skin, hair and nails..this dip has got you covered! Capsicum is a rich source of vitamins A and C, which attack free radicals in the body and defend against damage to your skin’s structural integrity. Specifically red capsicum contains lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that help to maintain your skin’s youthful appearance by increasing skin’s elasticity while protecting the skin against the inflammation and damage of UVB radiation. Think of it as an internal sunscreen! Cashews are rich in copper, an essential component of many enzymes. One copper-containing enzyme in particular, tyrosinase, converts tyrosine to the pigment melanin, which gives hair and skin its colour. Cashews also contain good sources of protein, which is an essential to building healthy and strong hair and nails.
3-4 capsicums charred on the grill
1/3 cup olive oil
handful raw cashews
1/2 tspn smokey paprika
1 clove garlic
balsamic glaze or pomegranate molasses
salt & pepper to taste
- Chargrill your capsicums in one of two ways (see TIPS & TRICKS below for two methods)
- Add capsicums, cashews, garlic, oil, paprika and glaze or molasses to food processor or blender and whiz until a creamy consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust consistency with more oil if you need it to be a bit runnier – remember it will firm up in the fridge.
TIP & TRICKS
Methods to chargrill capsicums..
- Take the whole capsicums and grill them on a naked flame, turning constantly until skins have blackened (charred) all over.
- Pop capsicum in a bowl and cover with plastic or into a plastic bag wrapped in a towel to steam, soften and cool down.
- Peel off the black skin, remove seeds and white membrane, chop roughly.
OPTION TWO ( less messy way to chargrill but smokey flavour NOT as intense)
- Cut the top and tail off each capsicum, slice in half, remove seeds and white membrane
- Brush the skin of each half with oil then place under the grill skin facing up.
- Grill until skin has blackened. (charred)
- Place warm capsicums into a freezer bag, close by twisting and then wrap this bag in a tea towel. The capsicums will steam themselves.
- Wait until the capsicums are soft then remove from bag.
- Remove the blackened skin, roughly chop.
Serve on a platter with some veggies and crackers..simple as that!