I couldn’t keep all the deliciousness for myself – I simply had to share Maddie (from East Coast Health’s) Puffed Millet & Coconut Granola recipe with my green beauty warriors!
Maddie has been so kind enough to allow us to showcase her step-by-step guide to creating this tastebud tantaliser, and she’s even included one of my nourishing, delicious Chai Shimmer lipsticks (good enough to eat!) in the picture. What a lass!
“I made this parfait shortly before jetting off on a quick flight to DC for the weekend, and was super excited that my shipment from lük Beautifood had arrived the week before – their lip nourish sticks (and other products) are made with 100% natural ingredients, including natural fruit extracts!”
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, mix together coconut oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Heat over a low heat until just combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Pour granola mixture onto a parchment or silpat lined baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 2.5-3 hours or until just crispy.
- Remove from the oven and pour onto a cool surface. Granola will crisp up even more as it cools down!
- Enjoy on its own by the handful, with almond milk or non-dairy yogurt, or as a parfait layered with seasonal fruit and more puffed millet.
Check out Maddie’s website here. And her Instagram page here.
Will you be baking this natural beauties? x