With its fresh, crisp ingredients this Thai Beef Salad will put some spring in your Spring – as long as you are not in Sydney!
A simple, fresh and light salad that will give you energy and deliciousness quickly. This Thai beef salad with just a little tender iron-rich meat with brighten your complexion and leave you feeling confident in the skin you are in!
The cooling herb, mint works to cleanse your body and fight skin disorders. It does this by helping to remove toxins from the skin while promoting a clear, revitalised complexion. Its antibacterial properties not only reduce gum inflammation but also help to freshen your breath! Sesame seeds also help to fight inflammation through the pressence of vitamin E. It helps to reduce redness within your complexion and keep skin toned. Copper works to slow the appearance of early ageing by preventing age spots and stimulating collagen formation to keep skin firm and strong.
While mint cleanses your skin, chilli works to protect it from free radical damage. The presence of beta carotene and vitamin A work together to shield your skin from the suns damaging UV rays. This in turn helps to maintain a firm and glowing complexion, nurturing your skin in the sunshine. Ginger contains potent antioxidants called gingerols which also have the ability to protect the skin from free radical damage. This can reduce inflammation prompting the skin to heal itself for a smooth, bright complexion. And don’t forget the detoxing and skin loving properties of fresh green leaves and cell fortifying silica-rich cucumber has!
THAI BEEF SALAD RECIPE
20 minutes wo to go. Serves 4
1 beef rump steak
2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 long red chilli, seeded and finely diced
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/2 cup fresh coriander
1 1/2 cups baby spinach
1 freshly squeezed lemon
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1. Marinate beef steak in fish sauce for about an hour (or more, this works well overnight too). You can do this by leaving the marinated steak in an air tight container or a freezer bag in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan (BBQ or fry pan can be used) on high. Add the beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium done. Continue to cook, until beef is to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover, leaving to rest.
3. Either combine the cucumber, tomato, chilli, mint, coriander and spinach in a bowl or separate each on a plate. If seperated this salad goes great on some DIY rice paper rolls. It is a fun way for kids and keeps them involved!
4. Combine lemon juice, honey, ginger and garlic and mix until well combined.
5. Thinly slice beef and arrange over the salad or on the plate. Drizzle over your dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds or use as a dipping sauce for your rolls.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- DIY rice paper rolls are a fun way for kids to pile on their toppings and keeps them involved!
- Vary any Thai Beef Salad leftovers for tomorrows lunch or dinner by adding some quinoa or rice (Or even half of each)!