This grilled vegetable and lentil salad is a staple ‘go-to’ recipe for a quick, filling lunch or a busy school night to make eating healthy easy.
If you struggle to buy or make a salad that just doesn’t fill you up enough or give you the energy you need, this grilled vegetable and lentil salad will do the trick. Rich in protein and fibre, this salad will not only satisfy your lunch time hunger but will nourish your skin from the inside out. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any vegies you have sitting in the fridge!
Lentils are packed full of fibre to help to sooth digestion while ensuring as many nutrients are absorbed into your body as possible. It also helps to balance blood sugar levels making this grilled vegetable and lentil salad a perfect meal for the middle of the day. They are also high in protein and iron to keep you energised.
Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fats for a radiant, plump complexion. They help skin cells to lock in both nutrients and moisture and are great for maintaining glossy strong hair.
Parsley contains both vitamin A and vitamin K to brighten eyes and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND LENTIL SALAD RECIPE
30 minutes wo to go. Serves 4
1/2 cup green/brown lentils, rinsed
4 cups water
2 capsicum, cored and seeded
1 small egg plant
2 cups of rocket (or 1 small bag)
1/3 cup toasted walnuts, crushed
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. In a medium saucepan combine the lentils, water and salt. Bring to the boil and reduce heat, simmering uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini, capsicum and eggplant into thin strips, coating lightly with olive oil. Grill vegetables on medium heat until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes each side (Capsicums may take slightly longer).
3. Place rocket into a large salad bowl. Chop vegetables into cubes and add into a large bowl, on top of the bed of rocket.
4. Strain the lentils, rinsing with some fresh water. Stir in walnuts, parsley and red wine vinegar and transfer the mixture into the salad bowl. Stir gently and serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Make extra of the lentils and save in an air tight container in the fridge for tomorrow.
- Top grilled vegetable and lentil salad with some avocado and natural yoghurt for a delicious mix!
- Don’t have any dried lentils on hand or running short on time? A can of (organic) brown lentils will do the trick, just rinse and add.
No products found which match your selection.