A little inspiration for Valentine Day
Why not make this dairy free strawberry smoothie with almond milk and chia seeds for breakfast in bed! Not only are strawberries luscious to eat they are packed full of skin loving ingredients to help you glow even more! Made the night before and pop into a jar, tie with red ribbon and you’ll be set to surprise your loved one…..even on a work day!
DIY facial in a jar – will he discover the true reason why he is being spoilt!
Vitamin C, E and ellagic acid found in strawberries work to ward off wrinkles by protecting your skin from free radical damage. These antioxidants promote a soft and illuminating complexion by keeping the skin soft, smooth and nurtured. Chia seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids which help the body to reduce inflammation. Inflammation can cause red puffy skin, making it especially important to preserve a bright, youthful appearance, helping you to look and feel restored. Using almond milk means an extra dose of antioxidants (Vitamin E this time – seriously your skin can’t get enough!) as well as a moisturising effect from essential fatty acids to help you feel refreshed and glowing.
1 punnet of Strawberries
2 cups (500ml) Almond milk
2 tspns Chia seeds
2-3 tspns Honey (or sweetener of your desire – eg rice malt syrup, stevia, agave nectar)
- Hull the strawberries and pop into blender along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high for a couple minutes til silky smooth. Pour into jars.
The chia seeds take 10-15 minutes to thicken up so if you are going to drink it immediately let it sit then stir before pouring into serving glasses over ice. Otherwise refrigerate to chill and give your jars a good shake before serving.
- Ideal for gluten or lactose intolerant, vegan or vegetarian.
- Use 1/2 cup ice in the blender if you are going to drink immediately, or
- Make the night before and pop into glass jars.
- Decorate with red ribbon and heart card – don’t forget the straws to sip together!
- Make with fresh almond milk – far more taste and ‘clean’ ingredients* see recipe card below