Looking for winter warmers in less than an hour? Try this nourishing lentil and vegetable quick soup recipe to warm your soul and moisturise your skin at the same time!
Cooler weather means dry skin and a craving for comfort food! However, comfort food doesn’t need to be tedious or time consuming …this quick soup recipe is easy to make on a busy weeknight leaving you free to worry about things other than what your eating. Packed with vitamin A-rich veggies this quick soup recipet will help nourish your complexion and ease dry skin to keep you looking your best!
BEAUTY FOOD BOOST
Carrots and tomatoes contain a fab combination of vitamin A, beta carotene and lycopene to fight against wrinkle causing free radicals – those pesky ‘oxidisers’ that can also cause early ageing. Without enough vitamin A your skin can become dry especially as wind and cool weather imbalance the surface. Maintaining a sufficient level of this fat soluble vitamin is key to ensuring a smooth, glowing appearance. Tomatoes also contain vitamin K which works to brighten dark patches under the eyes and encourage a radiant complexion. The mix of iron and vitamin C in broccoli aids your complexion by working to keep skin from sagging while assisting in the formation of collagen in cells. Turmeric helps to keep redness and puffiness under control with its anti-inflammatory properties while celery aids the body to remove toxins through its high fibre content. This nourishing yet quick soup recipe is the perfect winters’ day skincare treatment to keep your complexion on track!
QUICK SOUP RECIPE
50 minutes wo to go. Serves 4
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 medium ripe tomatoes, quartered
3/4 cup broccoli, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
1 red onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups vegetable stock
400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
250mL natural yoghurt
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
salt & pepper
fresh chives, snipped to garnish
1. Prepare ingredients. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add tomatoes, mushing and squashing with a wooden spoon. Simmer, stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
2. Add carrot, broccoli celery and onion and cook for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add stock and cover, bringing to the boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add lentils and cook for 3 minutes or until warm. Add yoghurt, parsley, turmeric and season, stir, simmer gently for a further 3 minutes.
5. Serve warming lentil and vegetable soup immediately, topped with chives.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Spice up this quick soup recipe with some chilli, cumin or smokey paprika.
- Save any left overs in an air tight container in the fridge and reheat for tomorrows lunch!
- Cook once, eat twice: double the quick soup recipe batch and freeze for an extra quick and easy dinner.
- Like your soup smooth and creamy…especially so little ones will eat it? Just blend before serving.
- Oh an don’t forget to combat dry lips and use Lip Nourish daily to soothe redness and protect against cooling, drying weather!