Not just for fabulous flavour… our adobado chilli chicken recipe is the perfect body-boosting meal!
Tho adobado – means ‘marinated’ in Spanish we have cheated to make this an easy weeknight dinner still full of flavour. It’s perfect for those busy week nights when there’s ironing to be done or those last few emails to get stuck into! This adobado Chilli Chicken recipe is a ‘one dish bake’ with little prep.
This chilli chicken variation of a traditional Mexican dish, works wonders for your metabolism. Capsaicin (which gives chillis their spice) causes your body to release heat when digesting, leading to a boost in your metabolism. It results in your body burning more energy and can also help to make you feel fuller, helping to prevent you eating too much!
Their spicy hot flavour isn’t a downfall for chillis. Along with the benefit of kick starting your metabolism, chillis also contain beta carotene and vitamin A which work together, protecting your skin from the suns damaging UV rays. This nurtures your skin while outdoors, maintaining a firm and glowing complexion. Chilli is also a great source of vitamin C which works to sustain a glowing, tight complexion by protecting the collagen and elastin in your skin cells from free radical damage…not to mention helping to make these 2 key ‘scaffolding’ protein structures of skin.
Garlic and onion work to decrease inflammation within the skin and are packed with antioxidants helping to maintain smoother skin and reduce redness! This adobado Chilli Chicken recipe is the perfect skinfood for winter.
ADOBADO CHILLI CHICKEN RECIPE
1.5 hrs wo to go. Serves 4
8 – 12 small chilli (stem and seeds removed )
1.5 cups chicken stock
3 cloves garlic
Juice of half a lemon
1 tspn dried oregano
1 tbsp basil or coriander (fresh, chopped)
600g chicken thigh (boneless and skinless)
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
2. Finely dice chilli, garlic and onion and add to baking dish with chicken stock.
3. Add lemon juice, oregano and mix well.
4. Trim chicken thighs and add to the baking dish, making sure to spoon the sauce over the top to coat the chicken.
5. Bake in the oven for 80 minutes or until chicken is tender.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with a fresh basil or coriander leaves and avocado.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Serve adobado Chilli Chicken recipe with steamed green beans, brown rice or quinoa and /or greek yoghurt with chopped mint.
- Make sure you wear gloves when handling the chillies for this adobado Chilli Chicken recipe.