1 cup Wholemeal Flour
¼ cup Cacao Powder
¼ Hazelnut Meal (lightly toasted)
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Rapadura (unrefined) Sugar
1 ¼ Cups Milk
Method: Pancake Mix:
- Combine all Dry Ingredients in a bowl and whisk through to mix thoroughly.
- Add Egg & Milk, and whisk gently until all ingredients are combined to make a smooth batter.
- Heat fry pan (cast iron is ideal) on stove to a medium heat.
- Add a dollop of butter and swirl around – being careful not to burn it.
- Ladle mixture (2 x 57ml/2oz) into pan in perfect size circle (15cm diameter is usually easy to flip so I’d recommend this)
- Wait till small bubbles start to form on the top, as they begin to break, you know the pancake is now ready to flip.
- Cook on flipped side for ½ the time or until pancake has slightly risen.
- Repeat until mixture is complete. Keep warm in oven stacked and covered with foil or serve on the go.
- Serve with Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce, a dollop of plain yoghurt and fruit of your choice. Berries are perfect!
Glossy Hot Choc Sauce Ingredients:
¼ cup Cocoa
3 Tablespoons (melted) Cocoa Butter
½ Teaspoon Vanilla (Extract or if you have a Vanilla Bean Pod scrape the inside of the pod)
3 Tablespoons Water
3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
Method: Glossy Hot Choccy Sauce
- Heat saucepan with water til simmering.
- Place all ingredients into a metal or heat-proof bowl.
- Place bowl over saucepan to create a water bath.
- Mix ingredients gently for a couple of minutes with a whisk until combined and sauce rich & glistening.
- Transfer to a jug.
- Pour gently over the pancake stack you have created.
And for the final step serve and enjoy your Easter Breakfast!!!
Don’t forget to share your creations on Facebook or Instagram and tag me so I can see your delicious easter delights @lukbeautifood