13th February 2012
Loved my walk this morning, despite it being half an hour late at 6.30 because lights out at 12.30 or was it 1am? Am reading a terrific book – White Gardenia by Belinda Alexandra. So cannot do that to my body 3 nights running. Sleep is essential for your body to relax, heal & beautify itself! Read the science, it is not a myth as sleep does lessen the severity of wrinkles in the face and neck.
- Herbal tea
- Slice of apple, strawberry, 2 raspberries, w/m sourdough crust of half a sandwich (munchies whilst packing school lunch box!)
- Green VM Smoothie of kale, cucumber, pineapple (so sour!), banana & chia seeds + ice
- 1/2 5-grain weetbix, DIY muesli, yoghurt, blackberries
- nibble of (Ciara’s) toasted banana bread – it smelt so good I couldn’t resist!
Half slice of Sonoma Wholewheat sourdough with avocado, roma tomato and drizzle of olive oil
- Small handful of mixed almonds, sultanas, cranberries, cashews
Taste test of ‘scratch recipe’ valentine cake – there was only a little bit of added sugar and I had to taste it so I could write the recipe up for the beauty kitchen blog!
Meanwhile if you are like me and just like a general idea to cook with …..then here is the draft [1/2 cup Raw cocoa powder, 1/4 cup buckwheat flour, 1 cup w/m spelt flour, 1/4 chia seed bran/husks, 1/2 cup almond meal, 8 medjool dates (cooked and mashed) , 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 eggs, 2 tspn b.p, 1/2 tspn b.s and 175g soft butter + bit of extra liquid – mix with hand beater til well combined, bake 180C, 20 -45 min depending on patty cups & or cake tin size]
- Quail roasted in tamari, ginger, garlic, sesame oil & black vinegar marinade
- Fragrant Basmati rice (cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, saute onion)
- Stir fried vegetable – snow peas, chinese melon, green beans, shittake + button + enoki mushrooms, red capsicum, baby corn, garlic, green cabbage.
That was a strange (snacking) eating day. Definitely did not have enough for lunch but dinner made up for it.
How was your day? In fact how is your no alcohol month going?
I’m off now to get some beauty sleep for valentine’s day!