FAQ: Our most Frequently Asked Questions ANSWERED
Who is luk beautifood?
luk beautifood (luk from Luken, Cindy the founder’s last name) is a Sydney based boutique makeup company that believes in the beauty in food. We make & sell 100% natural lipstick made from clean food – Lip Nourish.
We believe in revealing and enhancing YOUR natural beauty. Our recipe will nourish your body inside and out so you can be inspired and learn how to be a more beautiful, glowing and energised you.
In the beauty kitchen and through our guides you will help you detox, nourish and glow.
What is Lip Nourish natural lipstick?
A creme soft sheer lipstick that nourishes, hydrates and protects your lips. There is a menu of 12 delicious flavours and sheer shades, each one containing only the best skinfood ingredients, pure food oils for flavours and mineral pigments – no synthetic colours or fragrances here. With an incredibly smooth and soft formula the Lip Nourish range gives lips a lustrous freshness without being too shiny or pigmented. For more info or to buy now.
Is it 100% Natural?
Yes. Health and wellbeing are central to luk’s philosophy which is why it is not surprising that luk’s products contain only 100% natural food active ingredients with no added nasties. For a full listing of What’s IN | What’s NOT click here
A little note about palm oil:
lük is NOT a user of palm oil or palm kernel oil (PKO) and learnt in May 2017 one of its ingredients (Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride) is a derivative of palm oil and/or PKO at 3-3.6% of total raw materials in 10 of its Lip Nourish Lipsticks. The new shades – Cherry Plum & Cranberry Citrus Lipsticks do not use any Palm oil or Palm Kernel Oil or derived ingredients.
As a company policy, we are committed to protecting the environment and respecting and upholding the human rights of the communities and workers affected by Palm cultivation and supply chain. We are working towards making our Lip Nourish range Palm Oil derivative-free by end Oct 2017 as part of our Sustainability policy.
Read our full policy here.
What shade is suitable for me?
Because Lip Nourish is so sheer the chance of the shade not suiting you is quite low. If you are not happy with the colour when you receive it then please contact us to receive a replacement at no charge. Generally speaking:
- Nude Cinnamon is completely nude & is suitable as a rich creamy balm for everyone including men & boys – just cut some off the stick and add it to a little jar and tell them is lip balm!
- Chai Shimmer suits nearly every girl or woman. It is almost nude with a subtle sparkle. Wear it on it’s own or over another shade to take it from day to evening.
- Peach Melon is a pretty soft coral shade. Great for younger girls and day wear.
- Pink Juniper is the lightest & suitable for blonde & fair skin. Slightly bluish tones. Pastel pink.
- Rose Lime is a very natural pink – the colour of lips and suits almost everyone.
- Tea Rose is a plummy pink so suits people who like a browner pink.
- Tangerine Pomegranate is sheer to medium coverage in a gorgeous deep peachy pink. Looks great on brunettes.
- Ruby Grapefruit is another beautiful pink with just a hint of rusty orange. Perfect pick me up!
- Cranberry Citrus is one of our newer shades and provides medium coverage in in a sheer rusty red shade with a slight golden hue.
- Cherry Plum is a deep berry red and is the closest we have to red so if you love a red lippy this is for you!
- Mandarin Spice is a light tan and suits people with darker lips but also looks great on blondes.
- Vanilla Chocolate is suitable for medium to olive skin tones and brunettes and is great for evening.
A note about the colours:
We have made every effort to ensure that the colours shown are precise but due to the variations in lighting and how different monitors display images, the shades seen may vary slightly.
How can I sample your products?
How & Where can I buy Lip Nourish?
Lip Nourish is available online in my shop Shipping is free of charge Australia wide
We ship globally but for international shipping, we don’t offer tracking and we charge $9.95 to cover our costs for orders under $49.95.
We also have a growing number of stockists both throughout Australia and internationally.
For trade enquiries or promotional branding click here.
What payment facilities do you have?
We use Stripe to securely process Visa and Mastercard Credit Card payments or you can use Paypal.
Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available.
SSL and HTTPS
We have an SSL Certificate to ensure your details are secure.
You can also do a bank transfer, please don’t forget to email me your remittance.
What are the postage & handling costs?
FREE. Postage and handling in Australia with NO minimum order quantity. For urgent orders, we can express post for an extra $10.00.
For international orders – $49.95 minimum order is required for FREE postage, otherwise we charge a shipping fee. We cannot track international orders sorry 🙁
How long does it take to receive my goods?
We will ship your order within 3 working days of receipt. Large orders or special deliveries may take longer. We will notify you via email when your goods are dispatched.
How do I get refund or return my product?
a) Immediate: If you change your mind and would like to cancel your order before we dispatch – please send an email and we will return your payment within 3 working days.
b) On receipt of goods: If you have not opened your purchase, please return it by post to luk beautifood Australia and we will refund your money within 3 days.
c) Quality Issue: We guarantee our products and will REFUND 100%. Contact us immediately to rectify the situation.
d) Wrong Colour Selection: if you are unhappy with the shade you have received please let us know and we will exchange it for free providing you return the shade you purchased to us in the reply paid envelope.