For bright, glowing skin, it’s just as important to exfoliate as it is to moisturise. Without exfoliating, dead skin cells start to pile up on the skin’s surface leaving it looking dull, dry and ‘rough’. Try our super easy strawberry face scrub and let your skin shine!
Strawberries are a proven beauty enhancers, containing vitamin C, salicylic acid, antioxidants and natural exfoliating properties to brighten skin and clear complexion. Salicylic acid removes dead cells from the face whilst vitamin C works to improve collagen production.
Strawberries also contain alpha-hydroxy acids, which, when applied to the skin, help to break up the outer layer of dead skin.
By adding a small squeeze of lemon to the mix you’ll get an extra kick of vitamin C and antioxidants. Lemon also contains a natural acid which helps remove the dead layer of skin from the face while the sweet almond oil in this recipe will moisturise, nourish the ‘new’ skin cells.
This recipe is safe for those who suffer from acne as both lemon and strawberries are both great natural disinfectants and help to heal up blemishes, sores, acne scars, and skin rashes.
1. Finely mash with a fork or puree three to four fresh, preferably organic, strawberries [with the tops cut off]
2. Add in a small squeeze of fresh lemon
3. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar and about two teaspoons of sweet almond oil
4. Stir well.
5. Gently massage into clean skin [I cleansed my skin and removed all make up first] and wash off with warm water. Follow with your preferred moisturiser or try one of our DIY face masks if your skin is particularly dry.
Relax and Enjoy
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge but do not keep for longer than a day or two.
- You can grate some fresh lemon into to the mix