With the heavenly combination of coconut oil, banana and honey, you can get healthy, luscious locks with our DIY Nourishing Hair Mask that takes just minutes to make.
Coconut oil has been getting a great wrap for hair care recently and with good reason. It promotes scalp health by fighting against problems such as dandruff, it moisturises dry, brittle hair whilst adding shine and softness AND also prevents hair breakage and split ends.
Honey and banana work amazingly together as they can improve the health of the hair follicles and the scalp at the same time. They are both great for dry, itchy or ‘flaky’ hair and with regular use, can smooth frizz and calm an itchy scalp. Honey is also a humectant, which means that it helps to retain moisture, making it a naturally great conditioner and moisturiser to soften and smooth hair.
1. Puree one small banana [you can use a blender, food processor or even just a fork]
2. Add half a cup of organic coconut oil (you may need to melt it first as it is a solid at 25C) and a tablespoon of raw, luscious runny honey
3. Mix well
4. Apply the mixture to the ends of your hair [You can apply the mask to your whole head including the roots, especially if you have dandruff or an irritated scalp, but for those with thin or naturally oily hair, we recommend to just use it on the ends]
5. Leave in for 20 minutes [or longer if your hair really needs the love]
6. Rinse your hair with warm water and towel dry [TIP: For extra shine and silkiness we recommend using a couple drops of organic argon oil through your hair to finish]
Relax and Enjoy
Best to use fresh or give to a friend to use asap as the banana will go that squeamish brown shade.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- For those of you with extra dry skin, this can even double up as face mask! [However for those of you with sensitive skin like mine, leave out the coconut oil as is quite a ‘heavy duty’ oil to use on your face]