It’s the end of the week and it’s time to give your skin some love. Try our quick and easy cleansing cream to wash away make up, dirt and other impurities and give your face a fresh start for the weekend.
Pure food oils such as coconut, grapeseed and olive oil are known for their amazing ability to gently clean the skin, whilst honey will draw in moisture leaving your skin soft and nourished. A touch of gorgeous grapefruit zest and juice will give your skin that vitamin C boost (remember it’s collegens bed friend!) and act as an anti microbial agent to keep breakouts at bay.
3 tablespoons coconut oil*
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or you can also use light olive oil)
1 tablespoon of boiled water
1 ½ teaspoons of runny honey
A fresh pink grapefruit (you can also use a white grapefruit)
10 drops of essential frangipani oil
RECIPE – OUTSIDE IN:
- Into a small bowl add coconut oil, whip until creamy with a whisk then add in the grape seed oil and continue to whip.
- Boil your kettle, and in a separate bowl, mix together your honey and the water until honey is dissolved.
- Combine honey mix with the oils and whisk.
- Finely grate some grapefruit zest – add as desired (approximately ½ a teaspoon).
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of (squeezed) grapefruit juice into the mix and continue to whisk.
- Add 5 drops of essential frangipani oil for that beautiful spa aroma
- Pour into a small pots or jars with lid to keep.
Gently rub a teaspoon of cleanser onto your face, giving your cheeks and forehead a little massage. Soak a face washer in warm water to remove cleanser. Pat your face dry with a soft towel. Enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
*Some people swear by coconut oil for its cleaning, moisturising and anti-acne properties, however there have been some cases of it clogging up pores and causing redness on sensitive skin. I recommend you test it on a small spot on the back of your hand or your neck beforehand.
I personally don’t use coconut oil on my face, I have however been using camomile & or citrus oils for over a decade and because I rarely wear make up I just use water to wash my face! I love this cleanser on my hands tho.
Coconut oil is a solid fat at room temperature in Australia, because of this it gives the cleanser its creaminess. A runny oil will not substitute.
** Freshness | shelf life: It is important to keep ingredients and utensils clean and sterile and make a small batch each time. The cleanser should last 1-2 weeks.