For a gorgeous moisturising scrub to use over Easter try our super quick and easy mandarin and cinnamon body scrub to soften and soothe skin. Mandarins (rich in vitamin C) are in season and their scent is fabulous when combined with the spice of cinnamon.
Use as an all over body scrub for me some ‘me’ time in a hot shower or simply use on your hands to give yourself a mini manicure.
1/4 cup raw or panela* sugar
2-3 tblspns olive oil
2 pinches of ground cinnamon
A fresh mandarin (you can also use orange)
- Add oil, sugar & cinnamon to bowl.
- Cut a fresh mandarin in half and squeeze it 2 to 3 times.
- Finely grate some zest off the mandarin – add as desired.
- Mix & check check consistency: you want the sugar to be ‘wet’ but not too sloppy & check the aroma is zingy, sweet and uplifting. YUM.
- Pour into a container** to keep in the shower and use over the Easter Weekend.
- Whilst showering, use all over your body and rinse with warm water.
TIPS & TRICKS
Don’t forget, we don’t make anything you wouldn’t put in your mouth so dip your finger in and have a taste of the amazing ingredients you’re about to nourish your skin with.
Olives and mandarins are in season in Autumn.
* Panela sugar is evaporated organic cane sugar juice. It has a finer crystal and is softer, more delicate on your skin.
** We love glass for its purity & look but be careful with it in the shower.